Friday, 28 October 2011

'He Takes A Lickin But He Keeps On Tickin' - Steven Tyler Performs With A Black Eye And Broken Teeth




He has struggled with addiction problems for most of his life but this morning Steven Tyler spoke out to refute claims that his horrific fall on Tuesday was caused by intoxication. 

The 63-year-old Aerosmith front man called in to The Today Show to discuss the issue with host Matt Lauer and revealed an image of himself taken shortly after the fall in which he sported broken teeth and a nasty black eye.

Tyler, who fell whilst taking a shower, first entered rehab back in 1984 but insists that this time he was completely sober.

'I went in looking like Baryshnikov,and walked out looking like [boxer] Leon Spinks!' her told Lauer.

'Just quite frankly I passed out... I fell on my face, I woke up with the water running on me, not knowing where the hell I was.'

And when Lauer approached the subject of a relapse, the veteran rockstar was only too happy to clear the air.

'Being in the program I'm in, it's something we have to accept. 

I went public with my problems only to address them straight on -- people thinking [I relapsed] is natural and normal.'

'It still bothers me a little, but it's something I'll have to deal with the rest of my life.'

Read more here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment