Monday, 25 July 2011

M.I.A. Releases Unfinished Demo Called '27' In Tribute To Amy Winehouse


Less than 48 hours after she died, the tributes to Amy Winehouse have been pouring in thick and fast, especially from her celebrity friends and peers.

But rapper M.I.A didn't just leave a message on her Twitter page, but decided to release a track in her honour.

However, it has been seen as not only being too soon after the singer's death, but in very bad taste as well. Because the lyrics of the song refer to a drug and alcohol addict who died at 27.

The 36-year-old London-born rapper and songwriter took to her Twitter page yesterday to post the unfinished demo on her page.

She left a Tweet with it that read: "I recorded this song B4 vickileekx and never put it out. It's a unfinished demo. R.I.P Amy.'

She also dedicated it to 'all my friends who died at 27.'

Read more here


No comments:

Post a Comment